Sunday, April 24, 2011

An Afternoon of Lemonade and Art

Inside the artist's studio
Recently I had the pleasure of spending the afternoon with a local artist, Paul Fuguet, in his home with a few friends, pisco sours and a fantastic barbecue.  I met him through a mutual acquaintance and he invited me to a "garage sale" of his 2010 art.  He's moving to Valparaiso in a week and needed to get rid of some of his excess art.  It was a rainy afternoon peppered with stimulating conversation and culture.

Art for sale, too rich for my blood.                    

He was throwing out a few paintings from his "dark period" that caught my eye.  It's an image of Violeta Parra, a famous Chilean singer with a tragic life story.  He told us that we were free to take the paintings with us without having to pay for them.  It doesn't hurt to be blonde when trying to obtain free art.
Violeta Parra, mine is the one to the right
The artist's tools
Artist and me
Enjoying the scenery

No comments:

Post a Comment